Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat for six (6) hours prior to the appointment and nothing to drink except clear liquids for two (2) hours prior to the appointment.�
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following I.V. sedation or general anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes (no flip-flops).�
- Contact lenses, mouth jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a fever, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify our office prior to your procedure.
- If you take any blood-thinners other than Aspirin or Plavix, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.